JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - Jefferson City police arrested 28-year-old Melvin Nunley Jr. Tuesday in the 800 block of east Dunklin Street.
Nunley Jr. is a suspect in an ongoing heroin distribution investigation with the MUSTANG Drug Task force.
Court documents say Nunley sold heroin to undercover officers twice in November and sold them cocaine once in December. All three of these incidents took place within 500 feet of a Lincoln University building.
"We're supposed to be here for higher learning and then you have stuff like that demean the college. It kinda bars you from getting an education because of the negativity it brings," said Lincoln University college student, D'andre Hadley.
Police say they are still looking into this case and home more arrests come from it.
"We have other information and leads in that case itself. Our narcotics officers along with the MUSTANG Drug Task Force continually work investigations after the arrest to see where else we can take the investigation and who else might be involved," said Capt. Doug Shoemaker of the Jefferson City Police Department.
This arrest comes a few weeks after multiple heroin overdoses in the Capital City earlier this month, including
a Jefferson City couple found dead in the America's Best Value Inn.
Nunley Jr. is being held at the Cole County Jail on $250,000 bond.
- Columbia Police Department raises money for mid-Missouri children's home
- Columbia city council approves public inconvenience fee
- Columbia City Council approves "public inconvenience fee"
- Governor-elect Eric Greitens' wife robbed at gunpoint
- Jefferson City council to vote on voluntary annexation
- Woman dies in crash near Midway
- Search for MU chancellor will take "several months," UM System Spokesman reveals cost