JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - Law enforcement in Jefferson City have identified the two men suspected of a burglary at Jefferson City High School.
According to court documents, 23-year-old Dion Perry and 19-year-old Ryan Perry, both of Illinois, are the men responsible for breaking into lockers at the Weber Field House and stealing cell phones and money.
In the documents, officers say they have surveillance video of Dion Perry getting bolt cutters from a vehicle.
Dion was expelled from Westminster University in Fulton for allegedly stealing from a locker room at the school.
Jefferson City police say they compared surveillance video from both incidents and they believe it is the same man committing the crimes.
Dion Perry and Ryan Perry are also suspected of cutting locks off lockers at the Jefferson City YMCA.
Investigators say Dion Perry's cell phone was traced to Peoria, Ill. During a search of Craigslist classified ads in the area, police found ads with Perry's cell phone number selling phones that match the ones stolen from the high school.
Police say the men fled to Illinois and have no apparent ties to Jefferson City.
- Montgomery County crash likely weather related
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Driving in snow and ice conditions
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"