JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - A Jefferson City man was arrested Tuesday on child pornography charges.
According to the Boone County Sheriff's Department Cyber Crimes Task Force, 27-year-old Johnathan Lee Cox was arrested for first-degree promoting child pornography.
Investigators say they download child porn from a Jefferson City-area computer in August and traced the files to Cox's home.
On Tuesday, Cyber Crimes Task Force investigators and Jefferson City police searched his home and seized a computer and other electronic media.
Cox was arrested and taken to the Cole County Jail.
- Updated Update: Ripley Street scene clear after reported fire
- Updated Proposed law would make violence against police a hate crime
- UPDATE: Fatal crash near Midway
- Interim president announces search for permanent chancellor
- Man arrested for kidnapping and assaulting Columbia woman
- Repeat offender arrested
- Police arrest a man after he allegedly threatens a woman with a machete and taser