JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - A Jefferson City man was indicted by a federal grand Jury Wednesday for dealing heroin in Cole County.
31-year-old Xavier Deprey Johnson was charged in a two-count indictment.
Johnson was charged with one count of distributing heroin in July 2013 and one count of possessing heroin with the intent to distribute in August 2013.
The case is being prosecuted by the U.S. Attorney's Office, U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, and the Jefferson City Police.
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Pipe replacements to close roads in Callaway County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy