JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - Jefferson City police say one man is dead from what appears to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound after a domestic incident.
Around 2 a.m. Tuesday, police were called out to the 1700 block of Bunker Hill. A woman told police her husband had threatened her with a gun during an argument.
The woman was able to leave and as she was leaving she told police she heard a shot inside the home.
Police and SWAT set up a perimeter and attempts were made to reach the 35-year-old suspect.
Officers and SWAT entered the home and found the suspect who appeared to have suffered a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
- Suspect breaks into five parked cars at three different gyms
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County