COUNTRY CLUB HILLS, Mo. - St. Louis County police are continuing to investigate the fatal shooting of a Mid-Missouri teenager at a townhome complex near a golf course.
The victim was identified Tuesday as 19-year-old Akeem Mayes of Jefferson City. Police found Mayes on the doorstep of the residence.
Cole County prosecuting attorney Mark Richardson said Mayes was charged in Cole County Circuit Court with first-degree burglary in June.
The shooting happened about 10:30 a.m. Monday at Brentwood Townhomes, near the Norwood Hills Country Club. Police say Mayes and a second person knocked on a couple's door, then exchanged gunfire with the male resident. Officers have not said what prompted the shootout.
Police are still searching for the man who was with Mayes.
- Updated Crash shuts down Highway 124 between Hallsville and Centralia
- University of Missouri System curators elect a new chairman
- Missouri to consider ending business tax slammed by Trump
- Deputies arrest man on suspicion of stealing a truck
- 3 people taken to hospital after Kingdom City crash
- One hurt in Cole County crash
- Federal court rules in favor of city in District Flats lawsuit