BOONE COUNTY, Mo. - After a short chase through people's backyards, a K-9 unit with the Boone County Sheriff's Department caught up to a parole absconder Saturday afternoon.
It happened around 1:38 p.m., when a deputy tried to pull a car over for a vehicle license violation on the corner of Isherwood Drive and Mexico Gravel Road.
It quickly turned into a chase after the passenger, later identified as Deandre Shawn O'Neal, 25, of Columbia, ran from the car when it slowed down.
O'Neal was caught in a backyard on the 3100 block of Mexico Gravel Road, two blocks away from where the car was stopped.
He is being held without bond Saturday night for violating his parole. No bond has been set yet for an alleged drug offense.
The driver was also taken into custody for failing to yield to an emergency vehicle and driving with a suspended license.
- Columbia Police Department raises money for mid-Missouri children's home
- Columbia city council approves public inconvenience fee
- Columbia City Council approves "public inconvenience fee"
- Updated Governor-elect Eric Greitens' wife robbed at gunpoint
- Jefferson City council to vote on voluntary annexation
- Woman dies in crash near Midway
- Search for MU chancellor will take "several months," UM System Spokesman reveals cost