COLUMBIA, Mo. - Kidnapping and rape suspect Brian Adkison is still on the run two weeks after escaping from the Caldwell County Jail.
Police say Adkison kidnapped his ex-girlfriend, a University of Missouri medical student, assaulted her and dropped her off at University Hospital back in June.
He then led law enforcement on a five-day pursuit that ended in Morgan County June 21.
But two weeks ago, he escaped from the Caldwell County Jail.
Friday night Caldwell County law enforcement and the victim's family asked the public for help.
"We have to be diligent in watching over our shoulders all the time just as a precaution," he said, "you know to be aware."
Adkison is considered armed and dangerous by law enforcement.
The victim's family said they can't sleep because of their fear.
Boone County Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Jonathan Bertz said the accusations against Adkison are not to be taken lightly.
"Mr. Adkison is facing several very serious felony charges, not only in Boone County, but in Caldwell County and out toward the lake," Bertz said.
Missouri State Highway Patrol said Adkison has not been sighted since his escape.
All law enforcement agencies are working to figure out his location.
The victim's father urges everyone to share Adkison's photo on social media to keep his face in the public's eye.
Adkison is also facing charges in Boone, Clay, Morgan and Carol counties
- Suspect breaks into five parked cars at three different gyms
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County