MADISON, Ill. (AP) - Prosecutors in southern Illinois have charged an East St. Louis man with murder in the shooting death of an MU student.
Madison County prosecutors charged Deneshion M. Swope, 24, with three counts of first-degree murder on Monday. They accuse him of using a 9mm handgun to shoot and kill Jarrett Mosby, 21, of Collinsville. Mosby's body was found in a car in the village of Madison on December 23.
Police say Mosby was a senior majoring in business at the University of Missouri, and that he was in the area during the school's winter break to visit his young son.
Swope did not have a working telephone number.
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Car flips in Columbia crash, driver arrested
- Stephen Webber elected state Democratic Party chairman
- Missouri meth lab seizures down sharply in 2016
- Driver flown to hospital after rollover crash in Camden County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy