JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - A man landed behind bars Thursday after a car chase spanning several counties. Daniel Brown is accused of ramming a Cole County patrol car, before he was caught running by a police dog in Jefferson City. His mother is also accused of attacking the dog.
Police claim Brown got into a fight with his mother on the way to Kansas City, stole a car in Tipton and then headed home to Jefferson City.
He reportedly drove through two spike strips and rammed a patrol car, and by the time he reached his home, four agencies were chasing him. Those included Jefferson City police, both the Cole and Moniteau County sheriff's departments and the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
Brown was treated for minor wounds after the pursuit, before heading to the Cole County jail.
- Updated Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes
- Fire district advises residents of ways to avoid a home fire this winter
- Columbia woman arrested for forging prescriptions
- Updated Columbia man to federal prison for sex trafficking
- Updated Jefferson City police awarded DWI vehicle to step up enforcement