JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - One man was arrested in a Tuesday morning meth bust at a Jefferson City motel.
Anthony Alexander, of Henley, faced drug charges Wednesday, accused of having pipes and meth inside his Econo Lodge room.
Jefferson City police arrived to the motel at 1926 Jefferson Street around 2:40 a.m. Tuesday for reports of suspicious activity.
Investigators said they arrived and did a "knock and talk" with Alexander before he consented to a search of the room. Inside, officers found pipes and baggies full of meth.
Alexander was taken to the Cole County Jail and later charged with possession with intent to distribute a controlled substance.
- Suspect breaks into five parked cars at three different gyms
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County