COLUMBIA, Mo. - Columbia police arrested Damerian C. Cheatum Saturday night in relation to a shooting in central Columbia earlier in the afternoon.
The shooting happened around 2 p.m. at Grand Avenue and 3rd Avenue, across Providence Road from Hickman High School.
17-year-old Damerian Cheatum was identified Saturday as the gunman in the incident.
In a news release, Columbia police said Cheatum was wanted on an existing assault warrant and now for possible charges of armed criminal action, unlawful use of a weapon and first degree assault.
Police confirmed to ABC 17 News at least ten shots had been fired. A 19-year-old male gunshot victim was transported from the scene by an ambulance.
A gunshot victim was found about 20 minutes later across town on Park De Ville Place, behind the Columbia Mall. Police at that scene told ABC 17 News the 37-year-old victim was also shot earlier on Grand Avenue.
As of 7:30 p.m. Saturday, there was no update on either of the victims' conditions.
Police told ABC 17 News that they think the men involved knew each other.
Stay with ABC 17 News and abc17news.com for updates on this developing story.
- Crews to reduce speed limit on major Columbia roadway Wednesday
- Columbia VFW shooting suspect sentenced to prison
- Winter weather: What you should have in your car
- Delta Upsilon suspends its Missouri chapter until 2018
- Winter weather car preparations: What you should have in your car
- Speed limit reduction coming to major Columbia roadway following MoDOT study
- Updated Confirmed structure fire on Perkins Road