COLUMBIA, Mo. - Boone County authorities have arrested a man for a Tuesday afternoon shooting that injured a woman.
Around 12:30 p.m. Tuesday, authorities received a call of a victim with a gunshot wound to the head near 6001 N. Creasy Spring Road, in the Apple Grove Trailer Park.
Authorities say a 42-year-old woman's ear was "grazed" by a bullet. Detectives were at the hospital interviewing her Tuesday afternoon.
The woman suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
Det. Tom O'Sullivan with the Boone County Sheriff's Department says the shooting was likely the result of a domestic disturbance and alcohol may have been a factor.
O'Sullivan says the victim told detectives the suspect had been drinking and an argument began. After she was shot, the victim fled to a neighbor's home to call police.
The suspect, 69-year-old Ronald D. Bryant, fled the scene in a gold van.
He was arrested shortly after 3 p.m. in the 3800 block of N. Creasy Springs Road.
Authorities plan to seek charges of first-degree assault and armed criminal action against Bryant.
- Crews to reduce speed limit on major Columbia roadway Wednesday
- Columbia VFW shooting suspect sentenced to prison
- Winter weather: What you should have in your car
- Delta Upsilon suspends its Missouri chapter until 2018
- Winter weather car preparations: What you should have in your car
- Speed limit reduction coming to major Columbia roadway following MoDOT study
- Updated Confirmed structure fire on Perkins Road