COLUMBIA, Mo. - A man was arrested in connection to a recent murder in late June at the Broadway Marketplace on Conley Road.
Domionte Cheatum was taken into custody in the 700 block of north Providence Thursday afternoon. Boone County deputies pulled over his car because it did not have current registration.
Investigators think a drug deal turned violent in the parking lot outside El Maguey on late June 23. Officers found Anthony M. Unger, 25, of Jefferson City, shot next to a white Pontiac Bonneville.
The next day two people were arrested for their roles. Officers think Samuel Butler of Columbia and Joycelynn Brown of Jefferson City were involved. But law enforcement still had to find several other suspects, including the shooter.
- Montgomery County crash likely weather related
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Driving in snow and ice conditions
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"