COLE COUNTY, Mo. - A man was arrested in Cole County Tuesday night on gun and drug charges.
According to the sheriff's office, a deputy saw a suspicious car in the parking lot of a church on Heritage Highway around 8:40 p.m. When the deputy approached the car, it began to speed off.
The deputy later stopped the car and its driver, Joseph Ruppel, in the 800 block of Route D.
As the deputy attempted to search Ruppel, he began to resist and tried to reach for the waistband of his pants, according to authorities. The deputy was able to arrest Ruppel and found a loaded handgun in his pants.
Authorities also found a large amount of methamphetamine, drug paraphernalia and brass knuckles in Ruppel's possession.
Ruppel was arrested on charges of distribution/delivery/manufacture of meth and unlawful use of a weapon.
- Montgomery County crash likely weather related
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Driving in snow and ice conditions
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"