MORGAN COUNTY, Mo. - A Gravois Mills man has been charged for a shooting on Highway J in Morgan County that happened Saturday.
Sheriff's deputies responded to a call for help from the victim, who had been shot in the abdomen. The victim had fled the scene to another part of the county.
The victim named the suspect, Gerald Pierce, and deputies arrested Pierce at his Morgan County residence.
Pierce is being held on a $500,000 bond and charged with first-degree assault, armed criminal action and unlawful use of a weapon.
Stay with ABC 17 News and abc17news.com for updates.
- Jefferson City Fire Department responds to apartment fire
- Columbia veteran joins thousands in North Dakota pipeline protest
- Columbia veteran joins thousands in North Dakota protest
- MU study predicts reduction in crashes with new technology
- Woman pleads guilty in large drug ring
- Online fundraising for MU tutor no longer active