BOONE Co., Mo. - A Moberly man was arrested by Boone County authorities on Tuesday for multiple child sex crimes.
William Houston, 35, is being accused of raping a young girl for several years. Court documents show he began raping her when she was only 3, and continued abusing her in Boone County until she was 7. He is also accused of raping her three more times in Randolph County after that.
He's currently behind bars at the Boone County jail, being held on a $225,000 bond. The bond is so high because authorities said they consider him a risk to other people.
"The only people he'll be in contact with will be criminals," Boone County Sheriff's Detective Tom O'Sullivan said.
Houston is charged with two counts of statutory sodomy, promoting child pornography, two counts of child molestation and one count of a child used in a sexual act.
He has not yet been charged in Randolph County for the other alleged assaults.
The court also ordered Houston not to have contact with anyone under the age of 17.
- Stephen Webber elected state Democratic Party chairman
- Missouri meth lab seizures down sharply in 2016
- Driver flown to hospital after rollover crash in Camden County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy
- Columbia Public Works to survey Nifong Boulevard
- Jefferson City Fire Department responds to apartment fire