COLUMBIA, Mo. - A Columbia man pleaded guilty to two murder charges for his role in a deadly 2011 car crash.
Earl Hutcherson pleaded guilty in court Monday to two counts of second-degree murder.
The judge sentenced Hutcherson to ten years in prison for each count to be served concurrently.
Police say he was drunk when he hit two men that were stranded on I-70 in July 2011. The men, Edward Taggart of Auxvasse and Gilbert Love of Prairie Home, were both killed.
- Montgomery County crash likely weather related
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Driving in snow and ice conditions
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"