COLUMBIA, Mo. - A Columbia man is heading to prison after confessing to several armed robberies.
Orlando Collier, 24, pleaded guilty in Boone County court Monday and was sentenced to 12 years behind bars.
Collier was arrested in May after a police chase ended near Business Loop 70. His car overturned after slamming into several vehicles at the Bob McCosh Chevrolet dealership.
Investigators found items in his car connecting Collier to a couple of robberies.
According to the Missouri Department of Corrections, Collier was released from prison in August 2012 after he admitted to hiding a gun in a 2007 murder in Columbia.
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Updated Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes