COLE COUNTY, Mo. - A Cole County judge has sentenced a man to five years in prison for attacking a corrections officer at the Jefferson City Correctional Facility.
The attack happened back in 2011.
Timothy Jacobs was serving time for a Kansas City area kidnapping that happened back in the 90s.
While a corrections officer was taking him from the shower back to the cell, he refused to cooperate with the officer and forced her to the ground, injuring her.
- Columbia Police Department raises money for mid-Missouri children's home
- Columbia city council approves public inconvenience fee
- Columbia City Council approves "public inconvenience fee"
- Governor-elect Eric Greitens' wife robbed at gunpoint
- Jefferson City council to vote on voluntary annexation
- Woman dies in crash near Midway
- Search for MU chancellor will take "several months," UM System Spokesman reveals cost