VICHY, Mo. - The Maries County Sheriff's Office was investigating a suspicious death Monday night.
Nichole Bailey, 24, died this morning after being taken by Staff for Life to University Hospital in Columbia.
A deputy told ABC 17 News Bailey is believed to have been left out in the cold and may have died from hypothermia. She was discovered by a neighbor near Vichy.
Sheriff Chris Heitman posted on his Facebook page Monday night that investigators had been interviewing witnesses about Baileys activities over the past 48 hours.
The cause of Bailey's death was still undetermined Monday night. An autopsy had been scheduled for Tuesday in Boone County.
Anyone with information about the death is asked to call Corporal Jason Comstock at 573-422-3381.
Stay with ABC 17 News and abc17news.com for updates on this developing story.
- Updated Jefferson City Fire Department responds to apartment fire
- Columbia veteran joins thousands in North Dakota pipeline protest
- Columbia veteran joins thousands in North Dakota protest
- MU study predicts reduction in crashes with new technology
- Woman pleads guilty in large drug ring
- Online fundraising for MU tutor no longer active