COLUMBIA, Mo. - A University of Missouri basketball fan with close ties to the team pleaded guilty to federal drug charges Friday.
Levi Coolley was charged in March 2012 for conspiracy to distribute marijuana and five kilos of cocaine. He also pleaded guilty to a charge of money laundering.
According to the Western District Attorney's Office, Coolley forfeits $54,399 with the plea.
Previous reports indicated that Coolley received free tickets to MU men's basketball games from some players and even traveled with the team on a chartered flight.
In June 2012, the university athletics department concluded an internal review of Coolley's relationship with the team and its players and said it was "satisfied" with the findings.
- Updated No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes