COLUMBIA, Mo. - Columbia police are investigating a robbery at the Motel 6 on I-70 Drive Southeast Monday morning.
Officers say a man wearing a mask walked in around 4 a.m., pointed a handgun at the night clerk and demanded money. He then left the area on foot.
Police searched the immediate area with a K-9 unit but didn't find anything. Officers aren't yet sure if the man stole anything besides the cash and are now getting the video from security cameras to examine.
The suspect is described as a male of unknown height, weight or race. He was wearing a mask, a dark hooded sweatshirt pulled low over the mask and black gloves.
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Pipe replacements to close roads in Callaway County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy