BOONVILLE, Mo. - A central Missouri man has been charged after he allegedly assaulted two officers and threatened to kill two women Wednesday evening.
The incident began at the Walmart Supercenter on Highway B, where Diego Harmon, 43, of New Franklin, threatened to kill two women, according to Boonville police.
Officers caught up to the man and tried to perform a traffic stop on Main Street around 5:30 p.m., but Harmon did not cooperate.
Officers tried to use a Taser on him, but the device did not work. Court documents say Harmon allegedly took one of the officer's Tasers. He then allegedly punched two officers, injuring one of them.
Police Chief Bobby Welliver told ABC 17 News the officer sustained a sprained shoulder and wrist.
Cooper County Prosecutor Doug Abele charged Harmon with two counts of assault on a law enforcement officer, two counts of peace disturbance and property damage.
- Updated COMOGives on This Week
- Updated New School of Music building approved for University of Missouri
- One charged, 4 more in custody for burglaries
- Boone County home total loss after fire on West Wolfe Road
- Colder temperatures can be dangerous for pets
- Sewer line smoke test scheduled for downtown Columbia
- Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members