COLUMBIA, Mo. - Columbia police arrested one person after gunfire erupted outside a Super Bowl party in the city's northwest corner.
Police tell us Jarryl Jones was the man arrested for the incident. He has since bonded out.
Investigators say Jones said he was just trying to break up the fight when he fired off some shots.
A sergeant at the scene told ABC 17 News no other suspects were being considered and no one was hurt.
Investigators found evidence of a shooting in the 2500 block of Carnation Drive around 9:30 p.m., but would not say whether that was shell casings or bullet holes.
Neighbors at the time said they heard a large fight outside the home before multiple shots were fired.
- Updated Crash shuts down Highway 124 between Hallsville and Centralia
- University of Missouri System curators elect a new chairman
- Missouri to consider ending business tax slammed by Trump
- Deputies arrest man on suspicion of stealing a truck
- 3 people taken to hospital after Kingdom City crash
- One hurt in Cole County crash
- Federal court rules in favor of city in District Flats lawsuit