COLUMBIA, Mo. - Columbia police arrested 18-year-old Deazjon Ramon Brown Thursday in connection with a Monday night shooting at the Ultramart convenience store at 2102 Paris Road.
One person was shot in the stomach at the north Columbia store.
Officers outside the store and Shell gas station told ABC 17 News several shots were fired around 11:40 p.m.
At midnight, investigators were still at the scene looking for evidence and working to get surveillance video.
Several cars in the front parking lot of the store were hit by bullets and a neighboring Maytag store may have been hit as well.
The victim was a 20-year-old man and his injuries were non life-threatening. He was taken to a hospital for treatment.
Brown is charged with first degree assault, armed criminal action, and unlawful use of a weapon.
Police say more arrests are expected in this incident.
- Updated One suspect charged in multi-county burglary bust
- Injury crash shuts down westbound Highway 50
- Updated Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members
- Updated Prosecutor files charge against former MU wide receiver
- Updated Boone County crews battle house fire on West Wolfe Road
- Lack of school resource officers in Boone County
- Updated MU football hires defensive line coach