COLUMBIA, Mo. - Columbia police have arrested a man in connection with a shooting on the Business Loop Thursday evening.
Around 5:30 p.m., officers were called to the Break Time at Business Loop 70 and Garth Avenue for a report of shots being fired.
Police said a 33-year-old man was injured and was taken to University Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Officers arrested 32-year-old Alphonso Fagala around 10 p.m. Thursday. Police say surveillance video showed Fagala arriving at the scene in a gold SUV after the shooting.
The video also showed the victim and the shooter getting into the SUV, but once the vehicle arrived at the hospital, the suspect was no longer in it.
An eyewitness told ABC 17 News he saw the suspect put a bag over the top of the gun then shoot the victim twice.
Police have not released any suspect description.
Fagala was arrested for hindering the prosecution and has bonded out of jail.
- Suspect breaks into five parked cars at three different gyms
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County