COLUMBIA, Mo. - ABC 17 News has confirmed the name of one man arrested in a car chase with Boone County authorities Wednesday night in north Columbia.
Keith Shields is from Washington, D.C., but deputies say he was speeding through the intersection of Whitegate Drive and Paris Road when his vehicle hit two other cars, forcing them onto the railroad tracks.
Two passengers from Shields' car escaped on foot. As of Thursday night, they remain on the run. It is still unclear why the car initially took off when deputies tried pulling it over.
One woman in the other car was taken to University Hospital for injuries. Debris was spread nearly 50 feet on the road.
Columbia police used a K-9 unit to try to track the other two suspects, but the dogs lost the scent.
- Columbia Police Department raises money for mid-Missouri children's home
- Columbia city council approves public inconvenience fee
- Columbia City Council approves "public inconvenience fee"
- Governor-elect Eric Greitens' wife robbed at gunpoint
- Jefferson City council to vote on voluntary annexation
- Woman dies in crash near Midway
- Search for MU chancellor will take "several months," UM System Spokesman reveals cost