Columbia police arrested 36-year-old Curtis Howell of Jefferson City for allegedly assaulting a teen umpire after an eight and under coach pitch baseball game.
Howell was reportedly ejected from the game by the umpire.
Reports said Howell waited for the teen umpire after the game and allegedly assaulted him.
Columbia police arrested Howell for 3rd degree assault.
The executive director of the Show Me State Games Ken Ash said, "We don't condone violence violence at all. It's against everything we do."
Ash also said disputes that happen during the Show Me State Games are during high tense adult games and not an 8 and under coach pitch game.
It is still unclear what happened during the alleged assault.
Howell was released Saturday night on a signature summons.
- Updated Woman in fatal crash wasn't wearing seat belt
- Updated Suspect indecently exposes himself on East Rollins Street
- New Man's petition to set aside guilty plea in murder case denied
- Governor's security detail to remain same under Greitens
- Man is arrested for aggravated stalking, was hiding in victim's backyard
- Victim assaulted and robbed by same suspect within a week
- Governor--elect Greiteins vows to tighten up on crime