COLUMBIA, Mo. - A traffic stop led to a chase through central Columbia Sunday and one man was led away in handcuffs.
Around 6:20 p.m., an officer pulled over a vehicle on 10th Street near Park Avenue for failing to have a front license plate.
During the traffic stop, a passenger in the car, 22-year-old Montez Marks-Oliver, ran from the car into Douglass Park.
Police arrested Marks-Oliver after short chase and found individually-packaged bags of marijuana on his person.
He was arrested for distribution/delivery/manufacture/produce controlled substance resisting arrest. His bond was set at $54,500.
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Pipe replacements to close roads in Callaway County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy