COLUMBIA, Mo. - Police received multiple calls from residents on Sylvan Lane in northern Columbia that shots were fired in the 1500 block Thursday night.
Police found no shell casings or other evidence that shots were actually fired.
Officers on the scene told ABC 17 News that neighbors could not pinpoint where exactly on the street they heard the shots.
ABC 17 News talked to a few neighbors who said they heard at least four shots. Two neighbors said they saw a car flee the scene.
Even though nothing was found, one neighbor said he is still concerned about his safety.
"I'm fearing for my life because of what's going on around here," he said. "You can't even walk around the streets safe."
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Pipe replacements to close roads in Callaway County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy