COLUMBIA, Mo. - Columbia police are investigating a homicide in which the victim was shot. They were called to a home in the 2000 block of Newton Drive at around 11:30 p.m. Thursday.
Their investigation revealed that a woman had arrived at the home and found a man lying on the floor with a gunshot wound.
Dontay Tolston, 23, was taken to a hospital and later pronounced dead. Police said they have contacted his next of kin. There has been no other information released at this time.
Police said they are interviewing a lot of people in the area and looking at surveillance video from nearby businesses. They said they have a lot of questions themselves. Police hope some of those are answered soon. An autopsy was performed Friday morning.
Police are still wanting any piece of information they can get. They ask if you have information about this incident, call CrimeStoppers at (573) 874-8477.
Stay with ABC 17 News and ABC17News.com for updates in this developing story.
- Updated Crash shuts down Highway 124 between Hallsville and Centralia
- University of Missouri System curators elect a new chairman
- Missouri to consider ending business tax slammed by Trump
- Deputies arrest man on suspicion of stealing a truck
- 3 people taken to hospital after Kingdom City crash
- One hurt in Cole County crash
- Federal court rules in favor of city in District Flats lawsuit