BLACKWATER, Mo. - A 43-year-old Arkansas man was taken into custody in connection to the June 26 armed robbery at Alliant Bank in Blackwater.
The Cooper County Sheriff's Office released a statement on its Facebook page Friday detailing the investigation. Authorities are not releasing his name at this time.
The man was taken into custody on Aug. 7 as a result of an armed robbery at a Papa Murphy's Pizza in Altoona, Iowa. Investigators determined the man to be the person connected to the Alliant Bank robbery. The suspect is also believed to be responsible for multiple robberies throughout the Midwest.
"I'm very proud of our deputies for the job they have done on this investigation. They have invested a lot of time and effort and I believe they have built a very solid case on this suspect. We believe he has been involved in multiple robberies in the Midwest," said Sheriff Jerry Wolfe.
Wolfe added that his office will not release the suspect's name to make certain the charges are appropriate for local victims.
Stay with ABC 17 News and abc17news.com for the latest developments.
- Columbia man convicted of threatening witnesses, attorney
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Updated Car windows smashed in break-in spree
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze