COLUMBIA, Mo. - Police have confirmed a gunman escaped an early morning shooting Thursday just east of Columbia. Investigators believe it happened somewhere between Jake's Bar on Clark Lane and Hendrix Drive.
Police were called around 1:15 a.m., after a vehicle in the area was reported driving the wrong way along I-70. The car drove away after crossing the median cables. Less than 30 minutes later, a Boone County deputy tried stopping a car matching a similar description, but it continued to the emergency room at University Hospital without stopping.
The driver of the vehicle says the victim, a 35-year-old man, showed up at her house on Hendrix Lane with multiple gunshot wounds.
The victim is also apparently not cooperating with police and there is still no description of the shooter or any evidence of shell casings.
- Updated Crash shuts down Highway 124 between Hallsville and Centralia
- University of Missouri System curators elect a new chairman
- Missouri to consider ending business tax slammed by Trump
- Deputies arrest man on suspicion of stealing a truck
- 3 people taken to hospital after Kingdom City crash
- One hurt in Cole County crash
- Federal court rules in favor of city in District Flats lawsuit