COLUMBIA, Mo. - Graduation weekend is a time of celebration, family, and numerous DWI arrests.
With around 5,400 students graduating this weekend, police said they expect more drunk drivers than normal.
And they'll be out looking for them through sobriety checkpoints.
There is a sobriety checkpoint on Friday night, and another one expected throughout the weekend.
Last year, Columbia police arrested 7 drunk drivers in the checkpoint.
The checkpoints are done by both Columbia police and the Boone County Sheriff's Department.
- Suspect breaks into five parked cars at three different gyms
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County