JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - On Tuesday Jefferson City police released the name of a suspect wanted for a shooting that put one man in the hospital. Investigators believe Marcus Jordan, 28, shot the victim multiple times late Monday following a confrontation.
Just before 10 p.m., the 911 center began receiving calls about shots fired in the 1000 block of Buena Vista Street. Callers reported at least one victim.
When police arrived they found a 39-year-old man inside a home who was shot in the torso and hand. He went to University Hospital, where he remains stable as of Tuesday morning.
Anyone who has information about Jordan's whereabouts is urged to call the Jefferson City Police Department at (573) 634-6400 or CrimeStoppers at 659-TIPS (659-8477). Jordon is around 6' tall, 175 lbs, last seen wearing a dark-colored hoodie.
- Updated One charged, 4 more in custody for burglaries
- Updated Boone County home total loss after fire on West Wolfe Road
- Colder temperatures can be dangerous for pets
- Sewer line smoke test scheduled for downtown Columbia
- Updated Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members
- Prosecutor files charge against former MU wide receiver
- Updated One suspect charged in multi-county burglary bust