COLUMBIA, Mo. - Columbia police are searching for a suspect after an armed robbery at America's Best Value Inn on Providence Road near I-70.
Police responded to a robbery in progress call around 9:40 p.m. Monday.
Investigators say the suspect walked into the hotel and demanded money from an employee. Officers say he was armed with a handgun.
Police do not have much of a description because his face was concealed at the time of the robbery. They know he was a black male, approximately 5'8", wearing the t-shirt over his face and was last seen wearing a long sleeve shirt, shorts and tennis shoes.
The suspect fled the scene on foot, but he may have gotten into a vehicle at a later time.
Police had a search perimeter set up in the area of Garth and Texas avenues and the Missouri State Highway Patrol assisted the search by bringing in a K-9 unit. However, the track was unsuccessful.
The investigation is ongoing.
This is a developing story. Stay with ABC 17 News and abc17news.com for details.
- Updated Woman in fatal crash wasn't wearing seat belt
- Updated Suspect indecently exposes himself on East Rollins Street
- New Man's petition to set aside guilty plea in murder case denied
- Governor's security detail to remain same under Greitens
- Man is arrested for aggravated stalking, was hiding in victim's backyard
- Victim assaulted and robbed by same suspect within a week
- Governor--elect Greiteins vows to tighten up on crime