JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - Jefferson City police arrested a man on suspicion of threatening and hitting his wife with a gun that turned out to be stolen. The incident happened in an apartment on Riviera Street early Sunday.
According to police, Pharis Davis, 25, pointed a handgun at his wife's head and repeatedly threatened to kill her. He then allegedly hit her in the head with the gun, disabled her cell phone and left their apartment.
The wife went to a neighbor for help, but the neighbor told police Davis tried to order her to get in their car. While doing this, Davis allegedly showed a gun from inside the car.
While investigating, police say they found two guns Davis had hidden, one of which was stolen from Poplar Bluff. It was that gun which Davis allegedly used to hit his wife.
Davis was later arrested and booked into jail on $100,000 bond.
- Updated No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes