Moberly, Mo. - Randolph County prosecutor Mike Fusselman tells ABC 17 News he intends to seek the death penalty in the case against to men who police say went on a crime spree Easter Sunday.
Jeffrey Nichols and Christopher Lewis face first-degree murder charges for allegedly killing Carmelita Kaser, 92, of Moberly.
Police say the two men used a knife they stole from Walmart earlier that day.
Nichols and Lewis were formerly arraigned last Monday.
Police continue to investigate the two's involvement in shooting two men, beating another woman, and stealing several cars, setting one on fire during their crime spree.
More charges could be pending.
Nichols and Lewis remained behind on bars on $1 million bonds.
- Suspect breaks into five parked cars at three different gyms
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County