COLUMBIA, Mo. - A St. Louis man was federally indicted Wednesday for drug trafficking after he overdosed on heroin in a Columbia hotel room.
43-year-old Gustavo Ruvalcaba was charged in a 4 count indictment that replaced a federal criminal complaint filed on July 14.
The indictment alleges Ruvalcaba had heroin, crack cocaine, powder cocaine, and meth with intent to distribute.
An affidavit alleges Columbia Police officers were called to a room at the Super 8 Motel in response to a drug overdose on July 14, where they found Ruvalcaba lying on the floor being treated by first responders.
Officers searched the hotel room and found 18 grams of black tar heroin, 7 grams of crack cocaine, 39 grams of powder cocaine, 13 grams of methamphetamine, and drug paraphernalia. They also found $74,525 in cash.
A woman was also arrested that night by Columbia Police. Jennifer Foust was arrested for 4 counts of felony possession of a controlled substance with an $18,000 bond.
- Updated COMOGives on This Week
- Updated New School of Music building approved for University of Missouri
- One charged, 4 more in custody for burglaries
- Boone County home total loss after fire on West Wolfe Road
- Colder temperatures can be dangerous for pets
- Sewer line smoke test scheduled for downtown Columbia
- Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members