COLUMBIA, Mo. - A suspect is on the run after an armed robbery at a Columbia motel Saturday evening.
Columbia police responded to a call for an armed robbery at the Super 8 Motel on Clark Lane just after 7:30 p.m.
A sergeant on the scene told ABC 17 News a man walked into the lobby of the motel and showed a gun to employees at the front desk.
The suspect then took off with an unknown amount of money.
Police surrounded the motel with tactical gear and told residents to stay in their rooms while they did a perimeter sweep.
The suspect is described at a black man about six feet tall, tall, slender and he was seen wearing a white shirt, a handkerchief to cover his face and a ball cap.
Anyone with information about the robbery is urged to call Columbia police or Crime Stoppers at 573-875-TIPS to remain anonymous.
- Updated Crash shuts down Highway 124 between Hallsville and Centralia
- University of Missouri System curators elect a new chairman
- Missouri to consider ending business tax slammed by Trump
- Deputies arrest man on suspicion of stealing a truck
- 3 people taken to hospital after Kingdom City crash
- One hurt in Cole County crash
- Federal court rules in favor of city in District Flats lawsuit