JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - Jefferson City police are investigating an armed robbery at a convenience store Wednesday night.
Police say around 10:43 p.m., officers were called to the Convenient Food Mart at 426 Brooks Street for a robbery report.
According to investigators, two black men entered the store and forced an employee to the back of the store. Police say at least one of the suspects was armed with a handgun.
The suspects took cash from the store's safe then fled the scene. No one was injured.
No further suspect description was immediately available.
Anyone with information is urged to contact the Jefferson City Police Department at 573-634-6400 or Crime Stoppers at 573-659-TIPS.
- Updated One suspect charged in multi-county burglary bust
- Injury crash shuts down westbound Highway 50
- Updated Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members
- Updated Prosecutor files charge against former MU wide receiver
- Updated Boone County crews battle house fire on West Wolfe Road
- Lack of school resource officers in Boone County
- Updated MU football hires defensive line coach