COLUMBIA, Mo. - Two juvenile suspects were caught over the weekend, allegedly breaking into cars on the roof of the Columbia Police Department.
A Columbia police spokeswoman says the teens were caught early Saturday morning.
An officer was pulling into the parking area above the CPD building when the officer saw two suspects trying to break into vehicles.
The two 15-year-old suspects attempted to run away, but were caught by police. Their names are not being released.
The parking lot is permit parking only for Columbia officials and city leaders. It is also where on-duty police officers park their personal vehicles.
- Suspect breaks into five parked cars at three different gyms
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County