COLUMBIA, Mo. - Columbia police are searching the area around Scott Boulevard and Chapel Hill Road Saturday after a ten-year-old reported his dirt bike was stolen from him at gunpoint.
An ABC 17 News crew at the scene reported a K-9 unit was being used around 9 p.m. in the area around the Daniel Boone Little League fields.
The original call came in from the boy's parents just after 8 p.m. about an armed robbery at Georgetown Drive and Scott Boulevard. According to police, the teen approached the boy and asked to "check out" his bike before brandishing the gun and taking off with it.
Police said Saturday they were looking for an armed 15-year-old in connection to the crime, wearing light colored shorts and a black hooded sweatshirt.
Stay with ABC 17 News and abc17news.com for updates as they become available.
- Updated Crash shuts down Highway 124 between Hallsville and Centralia
- University of Missouri System curators elect a new chairman
- Missouri to consider ending business tax slammed by Trump
- Deputies arrest man on suspicion of stealing a truck
- 3 people taken to hospital after Kingdom City crash
- One hurt in Cole County crash
- Federal court rules in favor of city in District Flats lawsuit