COLUMBIA, Mo. - Columbia police arrested a third man in connection to a weekend robbery at a student apartment complex.
Brian Collins, 21, was arrested at 7:30 p.m. Saturday as part of the investigation into the armed robbery at The Reserve on Old Highway 63.
Police had not released Collins connection to the case on Sunday morning.
Two other men were arrested earlier Saturday, awaiting charges of robbery.
Police said in a news release 19-year-old Leonard Neves was arrested Saturday afternoon and accused of burglary, robbery and armed criminal action.
Investigators said he broke into an apartment around 3:30 a.m.
A female resident said she had been in her apartment with a male friend when Neves broke in, showed a handgun, and stole her phone. She then said her friend followed Neves out the door but never returned.
That man, 20-year-old Jared Hemme, was arrested hours later at the police department and could face a robbery charge.
Officers said a stolen cell phone was found at Neves' home on Antelope Drive at the time of his arrest.
With the third arrest Saturday night, police said no other arrests would come as part of the investigation.
- Updated New School of Music building approved for University of Missouri
- Updated One charged, 4 more in custody for burglaries
- Updated Boone County home total loss after fire on West Wolfe Road
- Colder temperatures can be dangerous for pets
- Sewer line smoke test scheduled for downtown Columbia
- Updated Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members
- Prosecutor files charge against former MU wide receiver