COLUMBIA, Mo. - Columbia police have arrested three men for an armed home invasion and robbery Wednesday morning.
While on patrol, an officer was flagged down around 10 a.m. by a man in the 5100 block of Clark Lane in east Columbia. The man told the officer he was the victim of a home invasion at The Greens apartment complex.
The victim said the armed suspects broke into the apartment, demanded money and fled with some of his property.
Police were able to locate the suspects' vehicle later in the 1500 block of N. Pin Oak Boulevard and took two men, 21-year-old Cody McEachern and 23-year-old Charles Everett Hayes, into custody. A third suspect, 18-year-old Pedro Ciarlini, ran from police.
Ciarlini was later arrested in the 4300 block of Santa Anna Drive around 5:30 p.m. Police say he took off running and threw a phone, which belonged to the home invasion victim.
Hayes was arrested for armed criminal action, first-degree burglary, first-degree robbery, unlawful use of a weapon, and operating a motor vehicle with a revoked license.
McEachern was arrested for armed criminal action, first-degree burglary, first-degree robbery and unlawful use of a weapon.
Ciarlini was arrested for armed criminal action, first-degree burglary, first-degree robbery and unlawful use of a weapon.
Their totals bonds have not been set yet.
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Updated Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes