BOONE COUNTY, Mo. - Three of four people arrested during two drug busts Thursday morning now face charges.
Boone County Sheriff's deputies served two search warrants in relation to an investigation into meth distribution in Boone County.
The first search warrant was served on Austin Avenue in central Columbia. Deputies found evidence of methamphetamine use at the home. Deputies said it is suspected that additional evidence was destroyed by the residents as law enforcement approached the home.
37-year-old Robert Jones of Columbia is now facing a felony possession charge. Jones is no stranger to law enforcement. He has been arrested in the past for felony drug possession, felony drug distribution and passing bad checks, among other more minor charges.
37-year-old Daria Littleton was also arrested at the Austin Avenue home. She has not been charged since her arrest Thursday morning. Littleton has prior charges of possession and stealing.
The third resident in the home arrested was 31-year-old Jennifer Whithaus. She is facing a felony possession charge. Whithaus has previously been charged with credit card fraud, theft and forgery.
The second search warrant was served on Billy Jean Drive in Boone County.
Deputies seized several ounces of methamphetamine, digital scales, packaging material, a stolen handgun, an illegal short barrel shotgun and roughly $8,000 in cash.
51-year-old Jack Heaston was arrested at the home. He is charged with two felonies: manufacturing and distribution of a controlled substance and unlawful possession of a weapon.
As of Thursday night, Heaston and Whithaus were still in the Boone County jail.
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Pipe replacements to close roads in Callaway County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy