COLUMBIA, Mo. - A Friday afternoon chase in Boone County is still under investigation and three suspects are still on the run.
Both Columbia police and Boone County Sheriff's deputies were involved in the chase around 4:45 p.m. Friday.
The pursuit started near Broadway and Garth Avennue in central Columbia, involving a gray Toyota Camry. The Boone County Sheriff's Department confirmed that license plate readers notified a deputy that the car was stolen. The BCSD says the car was stolen from the ARC on July 5.
The car failed to stop and fled at a high rate of speed on Garth and then onto Business Loop 70. Officials said the driver narrowly missed several vehicles.
The driver then got on I-70 eastbound and exited at the Lake of the Woods, missing spike strips set up by deputies. The suspects then crashed into a parked car near Demaret Drive and Snead Drive.
The driver and two other suspects left the vehicle and escaped on foot. Police searched the area, but were unable to locate the suspects.
Anyone with information is asked to contact CrimeStoppers at 573-875-TIPS.
- Columbia Police Department raises money for mid-Missouri children's home
- Columbia city council approves public inconvenience fee
- Columbia City Council approves "public inconvenience fee"
- Updated Governor-elect Eric Greitens' wife robbed at gunpoint
- Jefferson City council to vote on voluntary annexation
- Woman dies in crash near Midway
- Search for MU chancellor will take "several months," UM System Spokesman reveals cost