ELDON, Mo. - Eldon police and Miller County deputies were looking for a gunman considered dangerous and suicidal Tuesday night.
A police news release stated only that officers had been called to reports of a man shot in the leg at 7:58 p.m.
No location was given, but the release stated that officers found no victim, just a shot into the ground.
Sources told ABC 17 News 32-year-old Alex Whitton fired two shots around 8 p.m. Tuesday, narrowly missing a two-year-old.
Whitton is considered dangerous and possibly suicidal.
Police were searching a wooded area near Eldon, looking for Whitton. He may have been driving a black Chevy truck.
Stay with ABC 17 News and abc17news.com for updates.
- Updated Crash shuts down Highway 124 between Hallsville and Centralia
- University of Missouri System curators elect a new chairman
- Missouri to consider ending business tax slammed by Trump
- Deputies arrest man on suspicion of stealing a truck
- 3 people taken to hospital after Kingdom City crash
- One hurt in Cole County crash
- Federal court rules in favor of city in District Flats lawsuit