JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - Jefferson City police made three arrests after a traffic stop turned into a chase.
It started Tuesday afternoon in north Jefferson City when an officer tried to pull over a vehicle for a routine traffic stop.
Initially the driver, 54-year-old Marcus Parker, stopped but police say he then took off. The chase ended on Route W, when Parker pulled over and two passengers jumped out and fled on foot.
Police say Parker stayed in the car and did not run.
Officers caught up to the other two passengers, 38-year-old Shane Otto and 27-year-old Jennifer Wilson. Officers also say they also arrested Otto for possession of meth.
All three suspects were taken to the Callaway County jail.
- Montgomery County crash likely weather related
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Driving in snow and ice conditions
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"